THIS WEEKEND! Hands and Feet - Feed the Hungry!!
As a church, Heights is excited to see what God is going to do this weekend as we work together to Feed the Hungry in our community by filling the Yavapai Food Bank's storage unit (16 ft x 24 ft x 10 ft). Help us by bringing non-perishable food items this weekend (February 27 & 28) with you to service. Drop-off locations will be located outside the north and west entrances of the worship center (near the ramada will be the central drop-off location). You can also drop-off your items Wednesday, Feb 24 - Friday, Feb 26 between 8:00 am - 8:00 pm in the black trailer near the ramada. See below for a list of needed items!
We will also be working with Granite Creek Feed the Hungry ministry. Come serve brunch to the hungry in our community anytime this Saturday, February 27 between 9:00 am - 12:00 pm. We will be meeting at the United Methodist Church on Gurley St (just next to Sharlot Hall Museum.) Call Kolbi to sign-up for setup, clean up, or bring a dish by calling 445-1421 ext 1030 or email Kolbi at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you there!
Items to bring:
- Most Needed: Canned proteins (i.e. canned meats, stews, or peanut butter) and canned fruits (peaches, pears, and apple sauce)
- Stews and soups: chili, ravioli, stews, etc.
- Grains, boxed pasta and sauces: baking mixes, cereals, flour, oatmeal, rice, spaghetti, etc.
- Beverages: canned/powdered milk, boxed juices.
- Vegetables: canned beans, corn, peas, boxed potatoes, tomatoes, etc.
- Other: Baby food, cooking oils, diapers (especially sizes 2 and 3), infant formula, household and personal paper products.
Saturday Service Opportunity
- Saturday, February 27, 2010 between 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- United Methodist Church of Prescott
- Contact Kolbi to sign-up or for more information at email@example.com or 445-1421 ext 1030